Beat the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) – Go ELECTRIC!
If you’re in London this weekend, get yourself down to our Retrospective Scooters workshop/showroom in Walthamstow for their open day. The focus of the day is the forthcoming London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and how you can get around paying the £12.50 a day that you’ll get charged for riding your nasty dirty old ‘non-compliant’ scooter. One of the options is to convert your classic Lambretta (or Vespa) to an electric one – I featured the kit in a post, here, a little while ago. They’ll have lots of electric scoots charged up and ready to test ride.
On the day there’s;
- Test ride one of the many electric Vespa’s and Niu scooters.
- Get advice from the Retrospective Scooters team of experts – ask how to convert your classic Lambretta with a custom conversion kit
- Freshly cooked food from local stalls
- Craft beer from a neighbouring brewery
- Listen to DJs spinning the decks all afternoon
So get yourself down to Unit 1, Lockwood Way, Walthamstow, London E17 5RB from 1pm this Saturday.
While we’re on the subject of Electric Vehicles, rumours are reaching Lambrettista Towers that the new Electric Lambretta Vendetta, (as well as a very exciting sounding 325cc petrol variant) is due to come to market shortly. Stay tuned. When I hear more, you’ll hear more. That’s a promise.
Pingback: Something for the Weekend, April 6th –7th | lambrettista.net